Health and Safety Coordinator
PEOPLE & CULTURE – HSE
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
ATTAbotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. ATTAbotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. ATTAbotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, ATTAbotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
Who you are:
- A degree, certificate or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or related discipline.
- A safety or industrial hygiene certification (CSP or CIH) or similar will be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of Occupational Health and Safety working experience.
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing and/or construction experience - is an asset
What we need:
- Assist with creating, implementing and maintaining Health and Safety programs, policies and procedures to ensure ATTAbotics' compliance with local, state, and federal legislations;
- Identify and assess hazards and risks by developing Job Hazard Assessment, Safe Job Procedures and Standards, risk assessment, equipment review or using similar analytical tools;
- Assist with the implementation of controls to mitigate hazards identified;
- Work collaboratively with other teams to support, implement and continuously improve Safe Operations;
- Provide coaching, mentoring and technical support to all teams with respect to occupational health and safety, including interpretation of regulatory requirements, development and application of corporate standards and requirements.
- Represent ATTAbotics professionally during external audits, inspections, meetings and when dealing with clients
- Assist with incident investigations, evaluate incident trends, and implement strategic action plans to resolve identified hazards and operations.
- Be a point of contact (advisor) to management on specific actions for mitigating health and safety risks, addressing day-to-day health and safety concerns and employee complaints.
- Able to follow policies, procedures, and precedents to provide consistent specialist support
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout all levels in the organisation
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety Committees
- Be the face of ATTAbotics' Health and Safety
- Other tasks as assigned. The job description reflects important functions of this role. It does not restrict management's right to reassign or add responsibilities and duties to this job as need arises.
- Willingness to travel 25% to 50% when necessary.
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
ATTAbotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. ATTAbotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education