Electronics Engineering Internship (May 2020)
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
We are looking for a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Electronics Engineering Intern for a minimum 8 month internship to learn, support, design, develop, build, and test electronic assemblies for use in our robots. The electronics system is the core of the robot and must be designed to be as reliable and functional as possible. This position will design new electronics assemblies, develop and carry out design verification test procedures and support previous designs.
Who you are
- Completing a Post-Secondary Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering at an accredited Canadian University
- Passion for component level electronics, PCB design, and robotics
- Motivated, driven, self-starter willing to take on a multitude of tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills that lends well for working with external and internal teams
What we need
- Design circuit card assemblies including component creation, schematic capture, and board layout using Altium Designer
- Provide electronics system troubleshooting support to other teams
- Interface between test, embedded, mechanical, and manufacturing teams to ensure the highest level of product performance, reliability, and safety are achieved
- Assist with the development and implementation of Attabotics electronics engineering processes
- Develop and carry out design verification test procedures
- Build and repair various electronic and cable assemblies
- Prioritize safe work practices and ensure the health and safety of you and your co-workers
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is comitted to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.