Mechanical Engineer Lead
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You will lead the design of all mechanical elements (mechanisms and structure) of warehouse automation robots – you need to love dynamics AND statics to excel in this position. You have experience with bearings, pulleys, timing belts, interference fits, electric motors, encoders, gear boxes and gears. You have a good feel for the design and manufacturing tools used to create robots and the capabilities of those tools. You have years of experience leading mechatronic product development teams and a track record for bringing those products to market. You want to push the envelope, bring new designs into being, and design the robot army that takes over the world, at least in the logistics realm.
ATTAbotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that has is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. ATTAbotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the eCommerce and warehousing fulfillment market. ATTAbotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, ATTAbotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
Who you are:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Geosciences or Applied Sciences, or its equivalent.
- Strong CAD modeling, drafting and analysis skills
- 10 + years of mechanical engineer work experience
- Experience of Product Development in a larger company in deploying commercially acceptable designs into production.
- Leading, developing and coordinating team members
- Highly motivated to lead and mentor the team.
- Previous people leadership experience.
What we need:
- Oversee and manage a direct and indirect Robot NPI team. This includes, hiring, coaching, and mentoring employees.
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional team to take design concepts from R&D and make them a functioning, manufacturable, sustainable product.
- Work collaboratively with mechatronics and software engineers to build and maintain robot development roadmaps and plans and be responsible for their execution.
- Work with other NPI Design Engineers through a phase-gate approach
- Participate in the creation of a Quality Management System
- Be responsible for design validation and verification test plans and results
- Be responsible for the overall robot BOM and all design aspects of each line item
- Manage contract engineering services including staffing, project monitoring, logistics and financial analysis
- Maintain a safe working environment and actively participate in product safety council activities
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
ATTAbotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. ATTAbotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.