Director, Finance & Accounting
Calgary, Alberta /
FINANCE – Finance /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
We are currently seeking a career minded, long term employee to help us advance the accounting function of our organization, as we continue to grow. Working collaboratively with team members you will be responsible for managing external and internal reporting functions of the company and communicating financial information to all stakeholders including non-financial audience. It will be expected that this position will be able to do each of the jobs and tasks of the finance team and ensure that the accurate and timely accounting reporting processes are performed.
Who you are
- Designated CPA or equivalent with 10 years post CPA experience
- Experience overseeing a team
- Prior experience in full cycle accounting and financial statements preparation
- Experience with larger ERP systems ideally Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Fundamental knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of Jet Report is an asset
- Experience with: Bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, accruals, fixed assets reconciliation, intercompany account reconciliations, allocations and adjusting entries, consolidation, intercompany transaction elimination, revenue recognition, warranty provisions inventory reconciliation and analysis
- Interpersonal skill and ability to communicate financial information to a non-financial audience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to details and accuracy and deadline-oriented
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task in a fast paced, ever changing environment
What we need
- Preparation and compiling information and completing forms for government grants and regulatory filings
- Prepare IFRS Accounting Research Memorandum
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of accounting and financial management
- Maintain effective and efficient accounting systems, processes and practices based on recognized accounting principles, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Coordinate and collaborate on the analysis of the overheads of the departments and on issuing of management reports. Provide insights on cost improvements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Develop, analyze and interpret the direct impact of financial information in order to evaluate the progress of operations
- Work with each of the operational and support areas to understand their goals and objectives, key drivers of success, information and measurement systems and processes and reporting
- Monitor financial performance against budgets and explore, analyze and report variances for discussion and decision making
- Understand and maintain data within the ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central) and ensure the development and expansion of ERP system as we connect and integrate the systems throughout the company
- Perform ad-hoc and various other duties as required by management
- Oversee the general ledger, purchasing, AR, AP, payroll, cost accounting and capital assets
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.