Electrical Engineering Lead - Robot Development
Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
We have an opening for an experienced Robot Electrical Lead. The Electrical Lead will manage a team of Engineers and Technologists responsible for achieving product commercialization. The Team Lead is responsible for prioritizing and assigning PCB specification, design, modification, and validation activities within the team, and for ensuring the technical quality of all designs created or sustained by the team. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, as part of a highly motivated team, in an exciting new industry.
Who you are
- BS degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar field
- 10+ years leading/managing projects and coordinating electronics design team activities
- Professional Engineer in good standing as recognized by APEGA
- Solid understanding of high-power (100A) circuit board design and layout
- Experience with microprocessor, monitoring and sensing circuits
- Knowledge and experience working with industrial communication protocols such as EtherCAT, Canbus, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, etc.
- Experience with servo drives and electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in designing to, and obtaining, Electrical Certification through an NRTL (safety, EMI/EMC)
- Experience with the Altium Designer and Vault electronic CAD environment
What we need
- Lead development of prototype and mass production PCB hardware
- Contribute at all levels of the design – be both a leader and hands-on contributor
- Employ Agile (sprint, Kanban) tools and practices to manage team workflow and deployments
- Work with certification agencies to ensure electronics meet all regulatory requirements
- Create and improve design best practices and review checklists
- Manage and mentor team member growth
- Ensure the team is working safely without exception
- Responsible for the detailed review of work of other Electronics Engineers
- Coordinate with internal Purchasing staff and external PCB manufacturers
- Drive sustaining activities through an Engineering Change process
- Diagnose root cause of product failures and develop corrective actions
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is comitted to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.