Test Engineering Intern
OPERATIONS – Testing
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
We are searching for a Test Engineering Intern to learn, support and develop our test processes for robotic assemblies and systems to ensure functionality meets established quality and usability standards. You’ll have a passion for technology and a knack for working on multiple projects at one time. You’ll be busy running the system, performing software development and conducting root cause analysis with a multi-disciplinary team. You will provide insight used to drive continuous improvement in all functional aspects of Attabotics.
Who you are:
- Completing a Post Secondary Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Mechatronics at an accredited Canadian University
- Possess strong fundamental engineering skills relating to mechatronics – Software and Electrical Engineering design skills are an asset
- Strong programming background; C, C# and Python are preferred and embedded programming desired
- Driven, willing to take on responsibility for various projects, and love to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritize working safely and making sure your health and safety as well as those of your co-workers is part of your job
What we need:
- Learn the working operation of our robotic assemblies and systems to create effective test strategies
- Work with a team of like-minded individuals to build high quality, stable, enterprise level systems
- Increase test run coverage by automating test execution and document test results
- Interface between software, electrical and mechanical groups to focus on product scalability, performance and rapid development
- Provide troubleshooting assistance where required
- Commit to a minimum eight (8) month internship
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.