Calgary, Alberta /
CORPORATE – R&D/X /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
We are looking for a Robotics Developer to design and produce new products and features to further our robotic automated storage and retrieval system that is revolutionizing the supply chain and logistics industry. Reporting to the Director R&D, The Robotics Developer will work with our most advanced, unproven sensor and control mechanisms of our robotic shuttles “ants” and control system. You’re a highly influential technologist that will enhance the ant’s capabilities including the latest wireless, Edge AI and cloud-based technologies.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of embedded software development experience, with microcontroller focus
- Hard-working programmer driven to apply their skills to create new products
- Keen learner who can quickly adapt to new systems and code platforms
- Previous experience developing rapid prototypes and proof of concepts
- Knowledge and experience with C, C#, Python and .NET
- Working understanding of control system design, and applied robotics
- Familiar with microcontroller programming toolchains, such as IAR, Keil, or GCC
- Good cross functional knowledge of electronics, software, and mechanical systems
- Well versed in the ways of Dev/Ops and Agile software management philosophies
- Self-motivated learner, driven to seek out and share in new challenges
- Able to work in short timelines and produce results
- Always willing to lend a helping hand, but has eyes on the delivery prize
What we need
- Develop and extend the capabilities of our robot with the latest wireless and cloud technologies
- Work with a multidisciplinary research and development team to validate concepts, transition concepts through to commercialization
- Develop proof of concept robotic designs and features for both new and existing products
- Develop robotic motion planning, electro-mechanical controls tuning, for complex kinematic and dynamic mechanical assemblies
- Develop robotic firmware for command and control system
- Develop test plans and test equipment to verify feasibility
- Interact with Artificial Intelligence (AI) team to provide data and feed Machine Learning on ants and control system
- Contribute to new product definition and requirements and produce clear documentation
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.