Senior Applications Engineer (Remote)
Los Angeles, California /
OPERATIONS – Business Development /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies, Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
Who you are
- Must have strong process thinking capability.
- Ability to design systems based on conceptual processes and material flow; analytical thinker that uses data analysis to verify and validate hypotheses in an efficient manner.
- 5+ years of experience in complex system design, preferably in a logistics/warehouse environment.
- Data analysis capability preferred (experience with database queries and manipulation). At a minimum must be able to define data required by the customer and determine how the data should be analyzed with respect to the solution (storage segregates, item fit-no-fit, solutions by inventory subsets, etc.); capability to model data against various concepts preferred.
- Customer-facing presentation capability, including translation of complex technical concepts into operational and commercial impacts, within the context of a wide array of warehouse automation concepts is critical.
What we need
- Align with market trends to provide input for product development; manage risks associated with introduction of new products to global/local markets.
- Engage with customers, in cooperation with sales and applications, in an effort to bring best-in-class conceptual ideas to the market without overly exposing the company to risk.
- Internally consultant on conceptual design; subject matter and industry vertical expert
- When assigned to a complex project, formulate and own the conceptual processes in a design, in collaboration with sales and applications.
- Create and own the associated material flows, and work with applications and sales to find a corresponding mechanical solution.
- Maintain an understanding of Attabotics’ software and design standards and the associated mature processes/interfaces; position solutions in a way that reduces development risk while striking a balance towards creativity and innovation.
- Develop and document new industry vertical specific conceptual ideas based on localized customer needs and not associated with a specific project.
- Research and document competitive conceptual ideas in an effort to continually improve Attabotics’ innovation.
- Create material flow testing plans in the sales phase; define measurements of capacity internally and externally to reduce risk and increase satisfaction; ensure collaboration with various project execution stakeholders to reduce risk and align customer expectations.
- Coordinate simulation during project execution. Ensure that data sets and test cases are representative and consistent with system design intent. Ensure that material flow risks are resolved both internally and externally.
- Must become familiar with Attabotics’ standard equipment and other industry standard equipment, and understand how to apply that equipment to specific solutions in terms of product handling capability and throughput. Must be able to gauge cost-effectiveness and other benefits of one technology or solution vs. another.
- Solution design, from conceptual to equipment selection, material flow modelling, and system layout.
- Support detailed engineering calculations of final solution and sizing of systems.
- Define operational processes and develop detailed description of operations documents.
- IT Interface Planning and division of responsibility between ERP Systems, Warehouse Management Systems, and Warehouse Execution Systems and Warehouse Control Systems.
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.