Sr. Embedded Software Developer (Remote)
Montreal, Quebec /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies, Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
We have an opening for an enthusiastic Senior Embedded Software Developer that will develop robot motion control firmware to improve the quality and reliability of our robot. This role covers the full software development life cycle from developing new designs to improving the testability of the product. The Senior Embedded Software Developer will also perform verification and validation of board level firmware against system specifications. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, as part of a highly motivated team, in an exciting new industry. This position, although remote, would require travel to our Calgary Headquarters in order to become acquainted with our hardware.
Who you are
- 7-10 years of embedded software development experience
- Highly skilled in developing motion control firmware, linking servo motors, power electronics, encoders, and control logic
- Proficient in the fields of mechanism design and analysis, embedded firmware development and control systems
- Experienced with multi-threaded, real-time environments (ThreadX experience preferred)
- Familiar with IAR, gcc, or Keil tool chains
- Possess excellent knowledge and experience with C and Python
- Able to work from schematics or interface specifications
- Experienced with Agile software development, management tools and DevOps processes
- Super focused but can adapt to changing priorities
What we need
- Develop, maintain and extend the capabilities and reliability of our robot
- Develop robust, maintainable firmware for ARM Cortex micro-controllers
- Understand the full life cycle of the software development process of the product
- Program and debug to device level (I2C, SPI, CAN bus, RS232)
- Verify the efficacy of code changes through the creation and execution of rigorous test cases and regression test schemes
- Connect actuators, logic and sensors into a functioning mechatronic system
- Produce clear documentation that assists others
- Contribute to new product definition and requirements
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.