OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics
We are looking for a Robotics Embedded team lead with a focus on leading/managing a team of developers on achieving product commercialization. The team lead will be responsible for prioritizing and assigning feature development that coincide with the business objectives; seeing to the successful execution of scheduled software releases that ensure commercial stability and operational reliability. You’ll work with a multidisciplinary team of embedded developers, electrical and mechanical engineers, and industrial designers to develop and produce a novel storage a retrieval robot
ATTAbotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. ATTAbotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. ATTAbotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, ATTAbotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput
Who you are:
- BS degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or similar fields.
- 12 or more years of relevant work experience.
- Professional Engineer in good standing, as recognized by APEGA.
- Experience in leading/managing projects and coordinating electrical design team activities.
- Solid understanding of high-power (100A) circuit board design and layout
- Experience in microprocessor, monitoring and sensing circuits.
- Knowledge and experience working with industrial communication protocols such as EtherCAT, Canbus, Ethernet/IP, Modbus, etc.
- Experience with servo drives.
- Excellent understanding of electro-mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and application of Machine safety codes in US/Canada and Europe.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Leading, developing and coordinating team members
- Highly motivated to lead and mentor the team.
- Previous people leadership experience.
What we need:
- Transition proof of concept robotic designs through ground up redesign for mass-production
- Develop roadmaps for feature development and organize scheduled electrical releases
- Develop mobile robotic motion control algorithms and electro-mechanical controls tuning for complex kinematic and dynamic mechanical assemblies
- Integrate seamlessly in all aspects of the design process from concept to mass production
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to: validate designs, troubleshoot issues, determine root causes, design and implement corrective and preventative solutions
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
ATTAbotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. ATTAbotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education