Sr. Payroll Specialist
PEOPLE & CULTURE – People & Culture
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
Payroll Specialist, is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of all employee compensation and provides support to employees, managers, and People & Culture team related to payroll.
This role requires someone that is detail oriented, curious and is able to work with all levels of leadership and staff in the different offices. You are the perfect fit if you are a team player, where no job is too big or small for you and you have no hesitation in rolling up your sleeves to help and collaborate for win-win results. We are a close knit team that loves to have fun and work together to reach our company goals.
Who you are
- Canadian payroll certification or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years of payroll experience in a high paced environment
- Proficiency with ADP (US & Canadian modules)
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years of T4s
- Strong functional knowledge of legislative requirements for multiple-state and multi-provincial payroll
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude, attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Sound analytical thinking, problem solving, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
What we need
- Preparation and administration of semi-monthly and required off cycle payrolls for employees based in the US (multi-state) and Canada
- Input payroll data accurately in ADP including new hire information, terminations, and payroll changes on a regular basis and make adjustments as required
- Process hourly, salary and other payroll related payments accurately using ADP on a semi-monthly basis
- Resolve issues related to payroll questions and provide recommendation on best practices related to new payroll codes or allowances
- Take and handle all inquiries arising from questions regarding payroll
- Implement salary increases, bonuses, and so on in accordance with company policies and instructions provided.
- Enter into payroll manual adjustments and check for accuracy prior to submitting payroll for review
- Produce gross to net calculations for manual payments
- Ensure Record of Employment forms are issued for separations of employment
- Comply with requirements as set out by outside entities, such as Employment Standards
- Provide subject matter expertise to the People team and to other cross-functional departments ensuring quality service and timely resolution
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving procedures and processes concerning all aspects of payroll
- Complete annual CRA & IRS requirements including year end processes like T4s, W2s and Worker’s Compensation Board annual submission.
- Manage the end of year payroll process including manual changes such as taxable benefits for fitness allowances, automobile taxable
- Provide support to the People & Culture department as required
- Working knowledge of stock options and other equity programs preferred
- Other duties as assigned
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.