OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or related fields (e.g. Aerospace, Applied Math, Engineering Physics)
- Licensed or eligible to be licensed as a Professional Engineer with APEGA
- 5+ years of experience in a related mechanical engineering design role, focused on robotic systems or remotely operated machinery
- Extensive experience in mechanical and system design for robotic mechanisms, actuators, and structures for high performance, high reliability applications, tolerance analysis and stackup
- Extensive experience with 3D mechanical CAD and PDM/PLM software for design, simulation and documentation. (Siemens NX & Teamcenter experience preferred but experience with similar applications will be considered)
- Working knowledge of various manufacturing processes such as injection molding, die casting, CNC machining, laser & waterjet cutting, rapid prototyping, etc.
- Experience in gearbox design, qualification, and testing would be an asset
- Practical understanding of ASME drafting standards and Geometric Dimensions and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Someone with a drive to get things done; designed, validated, documented, produced and deployed
What we need
- Design robotic subsystems and mechanisms, improve existing designs, and provide support to field operations in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Design of Experiments and use of Six Sigma or related methodologies to make data driven decisions
- 3D CAD modeling, FEA, drawing production, BOM creation, and related documentation for components and assemblies in Siemens NX and Teamcenter
- Component and subsystem specification, design reviews, and collaborate on setting design direction between competing concepts, with detailed engineering calculations to back it all up
- Systems integration to combine multiple actuators, design elements, and drive systems seamlessly into a robust, reliable, and fault tolerant system
- Coordinate engineering change orders with key stakeholders across the organization
- Lead joint development efforts with project managers, clients and industry partners
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.