Field Service Engineer
Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Client Operations /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
As a part of the Field Service team you will utilize your skills to diagnose and fix industrial hardware and software while providing excellent service to our customers. We’re looking for people who think critically, communicate effectively, and love to be hands on! This position is a challenging yet rewarding mix that integrates technical know-how and customer service skills. You will be part of a newly created team interacting with exciting customers and cutting-edge products while on-site at our customers’ facilities.
Who you are
- Represent the company as a customer facing technical resource
- Independently conduct preventive maintenance, upgrades or repair of the equipment and infrastructure
- Find the root causes to issues and provide solutions
- Help with the installation process of new and advanced technologies
- Test machines that are already installed for their performance and safety
- Escalate issues to tech support team or engineering if required
- Create regular reports to highlight performance KPIs and other system usage data
- Work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
What we need
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and organizational skills
- 3+ years of Field experience
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Technical knowledge of MS SQL Server, concepts of SQL databases
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk application (e.g. Salesforce Service Cloud)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a shared community environment
- Bachelor's or associate’s degree an asset
- Other technical certifications would be beneficial
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel internationally
- You prioritize working safely and making sure your health and safety as well as those of your co-workers is part of your job
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.