Electrical Systems Specialist
Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies, Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
As an Electrical Systems Specialist on the Structure Development team, you will develop the electrical design elements of our Attabotics storage and retrieval system. This includes subassembly electrical design as well as overall system calculations, cabling, interconnects, etc. for the AC, DC, Controls, and networking infrastructure. You will be key in developing the structure’s electrical configuration strategy and therefore the method in which project engineering electrical design is performed.
Who you are
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience in electrical and automation systems design. e.g. 120/240 VAC power distribution, 5VDC (4-20mA) control systems to 85VDC 100A charging systems, PLC control systems, panel design, etc
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as CEC, NEC and CSA/UL
- Solid understanding of AutoCAD for 2D drafting and Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong technical report and specification writing skills
- Experience with Siemens Teamcenter PLM and Microsoft Dynamics ERP would be a bonus
- Hands on electrical wiring experience and familiarity with mechanical systems is considered an asset
- Effective relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface well with various team members
- Self-starter and problem-solving attitude with a willingness to learn and adapt
What we need
- Creation and ongoing improvement of our AC, DC, PLC controls and related systems for the Attabotics storage system and peripherals
- Detail machine electrical design using proper drafting techniques, bills of materials creation, fabrication/assembly details, and inspection/testing instructions
- Prepare and review electrical drawings and calculations; including power distribution schematics, single line drawings, wiring layouts, panel design, I/O drawings, cable schedules and network diagrams
- Work alongside mechanical and PLC engineers to create an industrial machine control systems
- Develop product electrical and control system configuration rules, guidelines, and templates for project engineering teams
- Create electrical specifications, layouts, technical service bulletins, work instructions and reports
- Facilitate and manage feedback from assembly/installation team for continuous improvement
- Coordinate with equipment manufacturers and suppliers to obtain all necessary design data and incorporate into the design drawings and specifications
- Prepare engineering analysis including design considerations and calculations, life cycle and construction cost estimate and equipment selection
- Provide expert advice for sales, project managers and product engineers
- Facilitate and manage feedback from assembly team for continues improvement
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.