Support Engineering Developer
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
ATTAbotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that has is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. ATTAbotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the eCommerce and warehousing fulfillment market. ATTAbotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, ATTAbotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
Who you are:
- BSc. with a five years of industry experience OR graduate student in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Both hardware and software skills are required, with special emphasis on C/C++, Windows development, Unix development, SQL, electronic drives, sensors and embedded code.
- Experience with a real-time operating system (e.g. ThreadX, embedded Linux etc.).
- A broad knowledge in any of the following areas is a bonus (ARM Cortex micro-controllers, TCP/IP/UDP networking, I2C, SPI, CAN bus, RS422, C#, PLCs).
- Passion to find the root cause of unexpected behavior and perseverance to make things better.
- Technology is your hobby. Tell us about your personal projects!
What we need:
- You will work with clients or Field Service Engineers asking targeted questions to quickly diagnose problems, develop short term work-arounds and drive to root causes.
- Talk to clients or Field Service Engineers through a series of actions, either via phone, email, or chat until they have solved a technical issue and system resumes operation.
- Support system operations at client sites, include performing upgrades on robots, controller and structure.
- Properly document and escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports. Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Train client operators and administrators on how to use the system.
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
ATTAbotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. ATTAbotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.