Embedded Firmware Developer
Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
We have an opening for an Embedded Firmware developer, responsible for designing and implementing robot firmware. This role covers the full SDLC, from developing new designs to improving the testability of the product. In addition, you will perform verification and validation of board level firmware against system specifications. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, as part of a highly motivated team, in an exciting new industry.
Who you are
- 4+ years of embedded software development experience
- Adept at analyzing complex systems
- Multi-threaded, real-time experience
- Familiar with IAR, gcc, or Keil tool chains
- Excellent knowledge and experience with C and Python
- Capable of working from schematics or from interface specifications
- Good cross functional knowledge of electronics, software, and robotic systems
- Experienced with creating automated firmware regression test schemes
- Experience with Agile software development and management tools
What we need
- An enthusiastic member to join the Embedded Systems group, improving the quality and reliability of our robot
- A person with experience in connecting actuators, logic and sensors into a functioning mechatronic system
- An expert developer of robust, maintainable, firmware for ARM Cortex micro-controllers
- A complete understanding of the full life cycle of the software development of a product
- Programming and debugging to device level (I2C, SPI, RS232, ethernet protocols, etc.)
- A contributor to new product definition and requirements
- A producer of clear documentation that assists others
- Must be able to work in Canada and have the ability to travel for work to the United States
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.