Embedded Software Developer
Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
Attabotics is looking for a humbly brilliant embedded developer with a passion for exploiting new technologies to disrupt the status quo and the drive to make the world a better place for humankind, one robot at a time. This role will enhance the value of our product by injecting new ideas that evolve our robotic platform from a tremendously successful prototype into a sustainable, world-changing solution. This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, as part of a highly motivated team, in an exciting new industry.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of embedded software development experience, with microcontroller focus
- Excellent knowledge and experience with C, python, and C#
- Working understanding of control system design, and applied robotics
- Familiar with microcontroller programming toolchains, such as IAR, Keil, or GCC
- Good cross functional knowledge of electronics, software, and mechanical systems
- Well versed in the ways of Dev/Ops and Agile software management philosophies
- Proficient in transferring knowledge of complex software systems to others
- Self-Motivated learner, driven to seek out and share in new challenges
What we need
- Enthusiastic contributor of new ides to our dynamic Embedded Systems Team
- Hard-working programmer driven to apply their skills to create new products
- Keen learner who can quickly adapt to new systems and code platforms
- Focused code developer who thrives in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Efficient producer of clear product definition and requirement documentation
- Effective builder of testing framework to verify efficacy of developed changes
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.