Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The PLM/CAD and PDM Administrator working primarily with the mechatronics team will configure and support mechanical engineering applications. The PLM/CAD Administrator will help support and automate common engineering tasks to improve overall team efficiency. The technical support, training, mentoring, documentation, and implementation of CAD & PLM features such as engineering change, product configuration and ERP integration are core aspects of this role.
Who you are
- 5+ years of Teamcenter PDM/PLM administration, installation, deployment and support
- 5+ years of NX CAD administration experience in a mechanical engineering environment (Experience with other CAD & PDM/PLM systems may also be considered)
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar technical discipline
- Strong knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management and/or Product Data Management workflows and process development in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Teamcenter BMIDE, Rich Client and Active Workspace user interfaces
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and their administration
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to understand technical issues, find root causes and identify workable solutions
- Ability to think critically, plan, prioritize and implement solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to document issues, resolutions, and procedures using Microsoft Office 365 tools
- Effective relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface well with various stakeholders across the organization
What we need
- Lead the design, testing and implementation of new functionalities and workflows that improve team and operational efficiency using engineering PDM/PLM and CAD systems
- Configure part libraries, material libraries, templates, workflows and standard BOM structures to improve accuracy of CAD, CAM, and PLM data
- Provide mentoring and training for CAD, CAM and PLM applications through documentation, over-the-shoulder, and live training sessions
- Liaise with external support consultants to resolve internally raised technical issues and feature requests
- 3D modeling, 2D drafting, BOM creation, and related documentation for components and assemblies
- Assist Engineering, IT and manufacturing teams to build-out optimal information flow between software systems, including ERP, PLM and other middleware applications
- Coordinate with IT for software installation, upgrades, and license management
- Analyze applications usage and plan for growth, optimizations, and licensing
- Perform other duties as required
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.