Mechanical Engineering Intern (September 2020)
Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
You will work with the Robot and Structure development engineering teams. You will contribute to designs at all stages of the development process – early concepts, prototypes, and volume products. You will use modern CAD applications to design and analyze solid models of parts and assemblies, arrange for construction, assist with hands on assembly, perform validation and verification testing, and document all of your work in efficient, present and discuss your work with colleagues and supervisors, and document in concise reports. This is a good role for someone who seeks both technical work (open your text books, use hand and FEA calcs to solve challenging math problems) and practical work (you have a 3D printer and drill press, or fix motorcycles in your spare time).
Who you are
- Enrolled in an accredited Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Program
- Passionate about robotics, mechatronics, automation and building things
- Have some hands on development project work, eg student design team
- Able to live and work in Calgary for an 8-12 month work term
- Excellent verbal and written communicator and collaborator
- Highly organized and able to add structure to unstructured work packages
- Highly flexible and ready to put the team before self and take on any challenge
- Track record of taking ownership of complicated tasks through to completion
What we need
- CAD – solid modeling and drafting using Siemens NX
- Hands-on assembly and test of prototypes
- Document calculation and test activities
- Support continuous improvement of products and manufacturing processes
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.