Business Analyst, IT
Calgary, Alberta /
PEOPLE & CULTURE – IT /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics provides a robotic warehousing and fulfillment system that is being noticed by industry experts including some of the top global automation companies in the world. Attabotics has a very disruptive technology that has the potential to redefine the e-Commerce and warehousing fulfillment market. Attabotics has taken a different perspective on the technology. Instead of developing technology to speed the human workload, Attabotics is creating a robotic centric storage and retrieval system. A goods to person system that can be deployed in an extremely small space, for a lower entry level cost, providing industry leading throughput.
The Business Analyst, IT works with all business units and functions to identify opportunities for improvement to processes and business operations using information technology. The position requires sharp insight into our corporate goals and analysis of our people, process and technologies to develop actionable solutions for the business.
Who you are
- Work with the business & functional groups to understand their business, vision and goals to detail out business cases, agreed-upon roadmaps, priorities and delivery schedules
- Communicate with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization and functional areas for requirements gathering and documentation
- Create a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and budgets to deliver on solution priorities
- Ensure an overall high-level view of all Attabotics systems, information, data flows and integrations are well understood, documented and leveraged to maximize value to the business
- Champion our change control protocols, configuration management and project management planning practices
- Provide ongoing technical evaluation of cloud and other platforms to ensure Attabotics has identified and is tactically positioned with secure, emerging technology platforms
- Perform ongoing analysis of our business systems and evolving technology environment
- Identify solution prototypes
- Participate in technology selection, planning and coordination work to federate, harmonize or integrate our business systems that hold our corporate user created data to mitigate or removal of information ‘silos’
What we need
- Undergraduate Degree in a related discipline preferred
- 7-10 years of Business Analyst experience with ERP and Business Applications (ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365) and Enterprise Content Management (Sharepoint and teams) along with the entire Microsoft 365 ecosystem
- Proven analyst with the ability to work with all functional groups of the business
- Expertise with reporting, workflows, automation and scripting along with Power Apps Portals, Project for the Web and DevOps experience desired
- Knowledge of reporting and business analytic tools
- Business Analyst Professional designation is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative team player experienced at facilitating and communicating requirements
- Self-starter with a strong initiative and desire to learn, champion and mentor on technology
- Possess a growth mindset - keeps abreast of the latest changes and solutions and constantly learns and challenging oneself to seek leading edge technology solutions and incorporates this mindset into work accomplishments
- Broad understanding of information technology services
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, 0365 and Power Portal preferred
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.