Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Hardware/Mechatronics /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
As a Systems Engineer-Safety’ at Attabotics, you will ensure that the structure, its peripherals, and related system solutions meet the various regulatory standards for deployment in target markets. Working with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of mechanical, controls and system engineers, the Compliance Engineer will guide development efforts with a focus on machine safety while ensuring regulations are met.
Who you are
- Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of technical experience in regulatory compliance or a machine safety role
- Certified Functional Safety Expert (CFSE) or equivalent is an asset.
- Certified Machinery Safety Expert (CMSE) or equivalent is an asset.
- Experience performing risk assessments then driving open actions to ensure appropriate mitigation and regulatory compliance.
- Working knowledge of machine safety standards such as CSA Z432, ISO 14120, ISO 13854, ISO 13857, ANSI B11.19, NFPA 79, and ISO 12100, etc.
- Familiarity with European and other international standards is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to technically influence people at all levels of an organization and to drive teams to consensus.
- Experience in automation, logistics, or industrial applications is an asset.
- Ability to travel internationally.
What we need
- Identification of relevant regulatory standards and participating in the development of a strategy for system safety compliance.
- Training Engineering teams on relevant standards and best practices to ensure system designs meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
- Provide machine safety expertise in all stages of the design process such as writing requirements, participating in design reviews, performing validation tests, and supporting engineers during detailed design.
- Coordinate with appropriate jurisdictional regulatory agencies (JHAs) to obtain approvals and certifications for system deployment as required.
- Coordinate site inspections with local regulatory bodies on a per-installation basis as required.
- Provide detailed roadmaps and checklists detailing outstanding items required for achieving regulatory compliance for target markets.
- Drive regulatory requirements into the system at a design stage with compliance in mind.
- Support the development of information for use including labels, manuals, and training.
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.