Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Manufacturing Engineering /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
This role supports the reliability lifecycle of Attabotics robotics systems from concept to design, development, manufacturing, field operation, and field returns to design-in, confirm and grow exceptional reliability at every stage.
Who you are
- BS degree in Engineering or similar field
- 5+ years in similar role
- Experience working with robotic systems, and complex electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of methods to design-in reliability for electronics, including experience with the Sherlock software
- Experience with HALT and HASS/ESS for electronic and/or electro-mechanical systems
- Working knowledge of applied statistics
- Understanding of fleet reliability monitoring metrics and reliability KPIs
What we need
- Facilitate Design FMEA sessions in order to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning and assemblies
- Knowledge of the reliability methods to build in and validate that the targets are met
- Analyze usage and environmental conditions from the field in order to improve requirement setting and testing methods
- Apply reliability failure physics to design accelerated test methods to failure modes exploration and reliability growth
- Spec out reliability validation plans for components and subsystems
- Facilitate failure analysis to understand root cause and drive resolution for failures originating in testing and from the field
- Work with manufacturing quality, service engineering, supplier quality and design teams to facilitate field failure resolution in order to support all investigations
- Provide reliability design guidelines and apply reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.