Module Assembly Lead
Calgary, Alberta /
OPERATIONS – Manufacturing Operations /
You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies, Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The Module Assembly Lead (MAL) is responsible for overseeing module assembly, quality, cost and schedules in a safe manner. The Module Assembly Lead is also responsible for development and improvement of production processes. The lead will also provide leadership, technical support, guidance and daily direction to the module assembly team.
Who you are
- Lead/supervise the module assembly team via scheduling and assigning daily/weekly work activities including: product assembly and respective quality checks
- Lead the team in creating and updating documentation to support build, test and related processes
- Schedule and execute training for new and existing team members
- Build and test robots as required by workload
- Communicate schedules and targets (provided by the Manager) to the team
- Track, record and present daily/weekly production updates/numbers
- Directly support and provide coverage for the Manager as required
- Work directly with design team to resolve design issues and support NPI
- Work directly with procurement, shipping/receiving team, manufacturing engineering and internal fabrication team as required
- Support customer site locations, through direct communication, allocation of team resources to site, or traveling to site as required by the business
What we need
- Demonstrated leadership of manufacturing / trades teams
- Minimum 3-5 years supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing setting
- Minimum 3-5 years direct experience in production environment - hands on tools
- History of safe work practices – working with established safety programs
- Knowledge of bills of materials, work order execution via ERP systems
- Ability to understand engineered drawings
- Experience/training in lean manufacturing setting would be an asset
- Ability to work in a fast passed, physically demanding manufacturing setting
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma required
- Safety training would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary leadership courses would be considered an asset
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.