Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Security
Attentive® is the AI marketing platform for leading brands, designed to optimize message performance through 1:1 SMS and email interactions. Infusing intelligence at every stage of the consumer's purchasing journey, Attentive empowers businesses to achieve hyper-personalized communication with their customers on a large scale. Leveraging AI-powered tools, a mobile-first approach, two-way conversations, and enterprise-grade technology, Attentive drives billions in online revenue for brands around the globe. Trusted by over 8,000 leading brands such as CB2, GUESS, Urban Outfitters, and Pura Vida, Attentive is the go-to solution for delivering powerful commerce experiences for consumers with the brands they love.
Attentive’s growth has been recognized by Deloitte’s Fast 500, Linkedin’s Top Startups and Forbes Cloud 100 all thanks to the hard work from our global employees!
Who we are
We are looking for a versatile senior security engineer who can help secure Attentive’s usage of our cloud provider’s tools and infrastructure. Our ideal candidate is motivated by helping to reduce risk while enabling the business to move quickly and safely. You will provide secure-by-default infrastructure, consumable security services, and expert consultation to engineering teams for secure cloud and non-cloud infrastructure. You will work cross-functionally and hands-on with development teams and other security team members to stand up sustainable processes, implement security controls and apply information security best practices in a complex, fast-paced development/SaaS environment.
At Attentive, we believe interacting with our security team and security controls should feel delightful and straightforward. Thus, the person in this role needs:
- A creative and solution-oriented attitude. You’ll leverage this when finding solutions that work for all stakeholders.
- The patience to fully understand our partner teams’ processes and goals. You’ll need this so you can implement thoughtful, complementary security solutions.
- The ability to build automation into security processes. You’ll need this to reduce the security burden on our partner teams and support extremely rapid growth across the company.
Why Attentive needs you
- Establish and maintain security baselines within AWS
- Assess and implement secure cloud architectures and services for security and engineering teams
- Partner closely with engineering teams to define and enforce security standards and develop secure-by-design features and enhancements
- Design, implement and maintain systems and tools to provide assurance and monitoring over controls
- Deploy infrastructure as code and contribute changes to production security infrastructure
- Identify, triage and drive the remediation of vulnerabilities and misconfigurations for cloud resources
- Ensure comprehensive documentation of processes and technical decisions associated with cloud systems, maintaining records for compliance and auditing purposes
- Continuously streamlines processes and reduces risk through process improvement, security tools and automation
- Take on additional responsibilities as necessary to uphold and enhance security across the organization
- 5+ years experience working in an Engineering organization, with a focus on applying security to modern cloud technologies (e.g. IAM, Secrets management, Kubernetes, Secure Infrastructure as Code, Network segmentation)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including native security services such as GuardDuty, Security Hub, AWS Config
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code (IAC) such as Terraform
- Code using primarily one of these languages: Java, Python, Golang
- Skilled at communicating complex technical ideas, risks and threats to non-technical audiences
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively across the organization to achieve outcomes
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills and attention to detail
You'll get competitive perks and benefits, from health & wellness to equity, to help you bring your best self to work.
For US based applicants:
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $127,500 - $210,000 annually + equity + benefits
- Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Move swiftly and with purpose
Be One Unstoppable Team - Rally as each other’s champions
Champion the Customer - Our success is defined by our customers' success
Act Like an Owner - Take responsibility for Attentive’s success
Learn more about AWAKE, Attentive’s collective of employee resource groups.
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.