Director of Product Design
New York City /
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for an experienced design leader to drive the vision, strategy, and execution of Product Design at Attentive. As the Director or Product Design, you’ll be responsible for building and leading a team of product designers to execute on our product roadmap and level-up our digital products. Reporting to our Head of Design, you’ll work collaboratively to foster a data-driven design culture across the company.
The ideal candidate will have successfully led a design team in a previous role, shipped a complex web product to a large user base, and fostered a spirit of learning and teamwork amongst their peers. They are a strategic visionary, but are also extremely comfortable diving into the day to day.
You @ Attentive:
- You’ll lead the development of the long-term vision and quarterly goals of the Product Design team.
- You’ll lead, mentor, and support a growing product design team.
- You’ll partner with Product and Engineering leadership to ensure a seamless product development process from discovery to launch.
- You’ll own design projects end-to-end, from ideation and research to pixel-perfect execution for new and existing products and features.
- You’ll cultivate a creative design process that is built on strong cross-functional collaboration.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of related professional experience leading design initiatives and strategy on consumer or enterprise experiences, including 3+ years of experience managing a team of designers.
- Proactive and proficient at mentoring designers and members from other teams.
- High proficiency with prototyping and visual design software, including Sketch.
- A portfolio that demonstrates UX and visual skills in digital products.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality.
- An excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization.
Product Development @ Attentive:
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis.
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 50+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it. Values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.