Senior Product Manager, Platform Privy
United States /
Attentive® is the most comprehensive text message marketing solution, driving 20.5% of total online revenue for businesses by creating thoughtful SMS experiences. Using real-time behavioral data, Attentive makes it possible for businesses to automatically send engaging text messages to each subscriber. Over 4,000 leading businesses like CB2, Pura Vida, Urban Outfitters, Rebecca Minkoff, Steve Madden, and more rely on Attentive and see strong performance, like 30%+ click-through rates and 25x+ ROI.
In March 2021, Attentive announced a Series E investment and is backed by Coatue, Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP, and other leading venture firms.
Privy, an Attentive company, is the email marketing platform for Shopify & Wix stores that need the tools & coaching to grow from $0 to $1 million in sales. We're the #1 reviewed sales app in the Shopify app store, and to date 500,000+ small e-commerce brands around the world use Privy -- and we've helped them generate $7+ billion in sales so far. Our mission is to provide the tools, education, and support small e-commerce brands need to grow their online stores and build thriving businesses.
We were named an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company (3 consecutive years!), and a Built-In Boston Best Place to Work. And guess what? With our recent acquisition by text marketing leader, Attentive, we're not slowing down any time soon! We've got the feeling of a small team with the resources of a large company, with a bright future ahead of us.
You @ Privy (an Attentive company):
As a Senior Product Manager on the Platform team, you’ll help new entrepreneurs with little-to-no Marketing experience go from $0 in revenue to $1M+ in revenue. To do that, you’ll need to:
-Analyze our customer’s data and product usage to identify what actions contribute to their success so we can continuously improve Privy’s products and services for all of our customers
-Make the data available to our internal Privy teams and our customers so we can make informed decisions and properly measure success
-Integrate Privy with 3rd party services (Shopify, etc) so we can supercharge Privy and help our customers become Marketers
You’ll succeed by working cross-functionally with other Product Managers, Engineering, Product Analytics, and go-to-market stakeholders to understand customer and business needs, to prioritize high value/ high impact initiatives, and to drive product development from start to finish. If you’re looking to optimize for learning & development to continue growing your career while making an immediate business and customer impact, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Develop a point of view and create the Platform team’s roadmap
- Meet with customers, PMs and Engineers from other teams, and go-to-market stakeholders to understand their problems and needs
- Write one-pagers (the job to be done, the background of the problem, important metrics we are tracking and looking to improve, etc.) to effectively communicate the problem and your ideas to the Platform team
- Manage the product backlog to prioritize feature development, technical debt, customer escalations (bugs), and user experience updates
- Define key metrics and measure the impact of each product launch
- Coordinate and enable the go-to-market teams on new feature launches or improvements to existing systems
- Solicit feedback from customers and internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for improving and expanding Privy product offerings
- 4+ years of experience as a software product manager
- You have experience or a solid understanding of integrating data into 3rd party products such as Salesforce, Looker (or something similar), and Shopify
- You have experience assuming the core Product Manager responsibilities in an Agile environment, e.g. grooming & prioritizing a product backlog, writing product requirements, preparing work for sprint planning, attending the team standup, working with your engineering counterparts to support the team throughout the sprint, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of product metrics and deliver improvements on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Passionate about delivering customer value through continuous integration environments
- Strong communication skills in both speech and writing; able to precisely communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail; capable of analyzing problems at a detailed level without losing sight of the big picture
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.