Senior Director of Marketing Communications
New York City /
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $110 million Series C investment led by Sequoia and IVP—two of the world’s leading venture firms—in early 2020, less than 8 months after its Series B round due to strong customer traction. We’ve seen 347% customer growth in just one year, and now work with 1000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, Party City, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is looking for an ambitious and collaborative Senior Director of Marketing Communications to join our team. This role will be responsible for setting the strategy and overseeing the execution of multichannel brand marketing campaigns, content marketing, PR & analyst relations. The ideal candidate for this role has past experience in a B2B setting blending corporate marketing and communications, and can apply those skills to strengthen Attentive’s brand position in the market and exceed business goals.
- Strategy: Partner with the VP of Marketing, Sales, and other executives in conceptualizing and executing a wide range of brand-building marketing and communications campaigns– with a focus on strengthening top-of-funnel awareness and accelerating the sales pipeline.
- Positioning & Branding: Align with leadership and the Product Marketing team to ensure our business positioning resonates in the market. Ensure consistent and up-to-date application of our verbal and visual brand identity across all external-facing collateral and communications.
- Content Marketing: Oversee the production of various content initiatives to nurture and educate our customers and prospects at every step of the purchase funnel. Manage a content calendar that includes all external-facing comms, timing, and ownership across different teams.
- PR & Analyst Relations: Develop and execute a proactive communications strategy focused on expanding our thought leadership impact with industry trade publications, business news, and leading technology analysts. Respond to inbound requests and support leadership on press opportunities and messaging. Draft press releases before distribution, and measure impact.
- Events Messaging: Collaborate with the Events team in defining the goals of speaking engagements, and writing abstracts/key points as needed.
- Operations: Manage budget related to brand marketing/comms campaigns and software.
Skills & Requirements
- 10+ years B2B marketing experience, with focus on content and communications.
- 5+ years people management experience.
- SaaS industry experience, plus genuine interest in marketing technology.
- Team player with a “do-er” mentality who is excited to contribute more than strategy to the team.
- Clear, concise communicator with excellent writing skills.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement.
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap.
- Excellent team off-sites, regular company-wide social events.
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it. Values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. Applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.