Senior Machine Learning (ML) Engineer
Remote - US /
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are seeking a self-driven and highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join our small but growing data engineering team. As an early hire, you will be contribute to the development of machine learning infrastructure needs across the Attentive platform and work with Product Management and Engineering to implement data science use cases. If you are a self-starter, motivated by making a huge impact, and a great communicator, then you may be a good fit for this role.
You @ Attentive:
- You have worked professionally building applications for 6+ years with experience on a single application long enough to see the consequences of your decisions.
- You have extensive experience using machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques or similar, to build scalable systems and data-driven products, working with cross-functional teams.
- You have a proven track record of building scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- You have a proven track record of building applications that maintain a high bar of quality.
- You understand how to negotiate with Product Management to meet the user’s needs without sacrificing quality or accruing tech debt.
- You deeply loathe regressions and take proactive steps to protect against them through a variety of testing techniques.
- You are a collaborator, technical leader, and a great communicator.
- You are excited by new technologies but are conscious of choosing them for the right reasons.
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger scale changes.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spark, Flink, or similar tools.
- You have proficiency or experience with Python
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.