Remote - US /
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 3,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Role Background:We are seeking a technical Product Manager to join our rapidly growing product team. You will work cross-functionally with product managers, designers, engineers and go to market stakeholders to direct product development from start to finish. This is an excellent opportunity for folks looking to transition into a product role or for newer product managers looking to take the next step in their career. This role reports into our VP, Product.
You @ Attentive:
- You have at least 1 year of experience working as part of (or adjacent to) a software development team as either a software engineer, project manager, product manager, business analyst, technical account manager, or similar
- You have experience working on a highly technical product and/or you have a strong technical background
- You are deeply analytical and are comfortable sorting through data & using it to make data driven decisions
- You are comfortable acting as the internal subject matter expert for our highly technical product while working closely with both technical and non-technical colleagues and external stakeholders
- You understand the motions that Product Managers must go through when bringing a feature from idea to completion, e.g. grooming & prioritizing a backlog, writing product requirements, preparing work for sprint planning, attending the team standup, etc
- You are comfortable working with engineering to debug issues / bugs as they arise
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller (written & verbal), both with technical and non-technical audiences. You are comfortable representing the product internally and externally with customers.
- You have a willingness to work extremely hard, roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to push the product forward
Product Development @ Attentive
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis.
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 100+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation.
- To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.