Customer Community Manager
New York City (or remote) /
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an ambitious Customer Community Manager to join our Marketing team. Reporting into the Director of Customer Marketing, this role will be responsible for building and maintaining a world-class customer community that elevates Attentive’s customer experience throughout the lifecycle.
- Support the launch and maintenance of Attentive’s online customer community, which will serve as a primary destination for customers to strategize and network with one another as well as Attentive team members, and access educational resources.
- Create engagement programs to activate and retain customer activity in the community, including special events, content/news sharing, and networking opportunities.
- Develop and execute community recruitment and member retention strategies for the customer base.
- Partner with stakeholders across Marketing, Client Strategy, Sales, Product Marketing, and leadership to increase awareness of and engagement with the community.
- Develop and optimize scalable gamification strategies and membership perks within the community to increase customer advocacy activity, such as online testimonials, speaking engagements, case studies, referrals, and references as needed.
- Set and enforce community guidelines and moderation policies.
- Regularly report on key customer community engagement metrics, advocacy, and ROI.
- 3-5+ years B2B marketing experience, ideally in a customer marketing, social media, or customer success role.
- Experience with community management or customer advocacy programs is required. Experience building and engaging an online customer community is a plus.
- Strong copywriting skills and creativity in designing programs to engage members.
- Passion to delight customers and deliver innovative experiences, in partnership with stakeholders across Marketing, Client Strategy, Sales, and Product Marketing.
- Excellent customer relationship-building and cross-functional communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to own and manage multiple projects related to community and customer marketing initiatives as needed.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap (once office reopens)
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events (virtual and in-person)
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.