Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
Remote - US /
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are seeking an experienced and enigmatic BI Engineer to join our small but growing Analytics team. As an early data hire, you will be responsible for building the backbone for analytics needs across the organization. You’ll work with teams and leadership to define and shape self-service analytics and a data driven organization. You’ll also help establish the relationship between the Analytics team and data engineering building out a world-class data warehouse for our business and clients. If you are a self starter, excited about building a data driven culture, and motivated by making an impact, then you may be a good fit for this role.
You @ Attentive:
- You will work with leads across the company to define BI and analytics requirements
- You will develop datasets to feed dashboards for teams across the org, as well as, client-facing analytics
- You will define business metrics and maintain a data dictionary
- You will work with data engineers and analysts to model data and build scalable data pipelines for BI
- You are a self starter with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and identify opportunities with limited oversight
- You have experience with designing BI systems self service analytics
- You have high proficiency with SQL
- You have experience with ETL development
- You have experience developing and documenting data models
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration and communication skills
- 5+ years of BI experience
Nice to have:
- You have proficiency or experience with Python
- You have experience managing a modern BI tool like Looker or Tableau
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.