Machine Learning Engineer - NLP
United States /
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $470 million Series E investment led by Coatue in March 2021. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 4,000+ of the most innovative brands like Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, Pura Vida, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are seeking a highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join our small but growing Machine Learning for Messaging team. As an early hire, you will contribute to developing machine learning best practices across the Attentive platform and will work with Product Management and other Engineering teams to implement new machine learning products. If you are a self-starter, motivated by impact, and a great communicator, then you may be a good fit for this role.
You at Attentive:
- You have worked professionally building software for 2+ years with experience on a single application long enough to see the consequences of your decisions
- You have experience using natural language processing, computational linguistics, or other applied machine learning fields in the development of products
- You have experience developing models and data analysis processes in a repeatable and scalable fashion
- You are considerate of the quality of your work, and aware of the risks and benefits associated with technical debt
- You are familiar and experienced with leveraging automated testing to avoid and manage regressions in code and data
- You are collaborative and communicate well with colleagues
- You are excited by both novel and traditional approaches to language processing and understanding
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger-scale changes
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact of a fast-growth startup
Nice to have:
- Research and/or publications in the machine learning space or in applications of machine learning
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working with NLP in one or more languages other than English
- Experience with recommendation engines or advertising
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.