Controller - Internal Firm Operations
San Francisco, California /
Attivo Partners – Attivo Partners Team /
Attivo Partners is looking for a Controller to lead our firm's internal accounting operations and to join our growing team!
Are you committed to excellence and looking for opportunities to advance your career?
Are you passionate about technology and startups and want to engage deeply with a firm that supports some of the most innovative early-stage companies in the world?
Do you want to work for a company that values work/life balance?
Attivo Partners is a full-service finance and accounting consulting firm located in San Francisco, California. We provide our emerging growth clients with CFO, accounting, and finance services across industries and at all stages of early growth – from zero to >$50M in revenue.
At Attivo, we work with some of the most exciting emerging growth companies backed by leading venture capital firms. Working with Attivo means working with these exciting companies within a team that has extensive experience with venture-backed companies and deep finance and accounting expertise. We are excited by the accounting, finance and business challenges inherent in working across many different companies, which provide our team members with excellent opportunities for learning and growing.
At Attivo, we take mentoring and training seriously and our partners devote time and energy to developing and nurturing talent. We are a passionate group of people and live our values in everything we do:
- Clients first, firm second
- Real people providing long term value
- Data drives decisions
- Exceptional people doing exceptional work
- Constructive and supportive teams
- Culture of knowledge, creativity, collaboration, continuous learning, fun, love, and inclusion
The Controller position is a hands-on role, responsible for all accounting functions internally for the firm that include full-cycle month-end close, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, and tax compliance. The Controller will be responsible for managing the general accounting for the organization, assisting with the creation of financial statements and management reporting, managing the organization's cash, and assisting with the creation of departmental budgets and forecasts. Experience with developing and establishing policies and procedures within a high growth organization is highly preferred.
- Produce monthly financial statements and budget vs actual analysis
- Assist with financial modeling and forecasting for the firm
- Manage Accounts Receivable - which includes invoicing, collections, reviewing contracts
- Manage Accounts Payable - which includes ensuring accurate entry, timely payment, and compliance with company policies
- Process employee onboarding, payroll, and terminations
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, ideally in the professional services space
- Solid understanding of GAAP, CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Advanced+ Excel
- Experience with standard software solutions: QuickBooks Online, Xero, Netsuite, Bill.com, Gusto, Expensify, Carta
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Independent judgment and decision-making
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities at a time
- Professional curiosity & creativity
- Passionate desire to learn & for continuous improvement
- Professional integrity
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service
- Strong ability to connect and build relationships with clients, firm leadership, & peers
- Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to clients
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in Attivo’s growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups and early-stage growth companies
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.