Data Engineer / Server Developer
Engineering – Engineering (US) /
Augmedix (Nasdaq: AUGX) delivers industry-leading, ambient medical documentation and data solutions to healthcare systems, physician practices, hospitals, and telemedicine practitioners.
Augmedix is on a mission to help clinicians and patients form a human connection at the point of care without the intrusion of technology. Augmedix’s solutions extract data from natural physician-patient conversations and convert it to medical notes in real time, which are seamlessly transferred to the EHR. To achieve this, the company’s Ambient Automation Platform uses Automated Speech Recognition and Natural Language Processing, supported by medical documentation specialists.
Leveraging this platform, Augmedix’s solutions relieve clinicians of administrative burden, in turn, reducing burnout and increasing both clinician and patient satisfaction. Augmedix is also leading the revolution in leveraging point-of-care data by making connections between millions of physician-patient interactions and analyzing them to deliver actionable insights that elevate patient care.
About the Role:
Data is the life-blood of our AI platform and the the Data Engineer / Server Developer will build data pipelines to power our ML models, including data collection, warehousing, segmentation, validation and normalization. The Data Engineer / Server Developer will be empowered to own these pipelines and be an integral part of the AI team.
- Create data pipelines from concept through prototyping, development, and deployment
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Build, test and deploy cloud-based software in a continuous delivery environment
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Troubleshoot production issues quickly and efficiently
- Strong interest to remain up to date on relevant technologies, industry
- standards, trends and identify potential implementation candidates
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering degree
- 2+ years coding in Python
- 1+ years working with data-related cloud technologies, e.g., Kinesis, Redshift, Dataflow
- 2+ years of experience in cloud services (e.g. serverless, SQL/noSQL databases, Kinesis, SQS, ELK, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Microservices and containerized deployment using Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong verbal and written communication with developers and business leaders
- Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Significant experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Service and/or Google Cloud Platfor
Augmedix is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation including being transgender and/or any other protected bases.