Full Stack Engineer
Engineering – Engineering (US) /
Augmedix (Nasdaq: AUGX) delivers industry-leading, ambient medical documentation and data solutions to healthcare systems, physician practices, hospitals, and telemedicine practitioners.
Augmedix is on a mission to help clinicians and patients form a human connection at the point of care without the intrusion of technology. Augmedix’s solutions extract data from natural physician-patient conversations and convert it to medical notes in real time, which are seamlessly transferred to the EHR. To achieve this, the company’s Ambient Automation Platform uses Automated Speech Recognition and Natural Language Processing, supported by medical documentation specialists.
Leveraging this platform, Augmedix’s solutions relieve clinicians of administrative burden, in turn, reducing burnout and increasing both clinician and patient satisfaction. Augmedix is also leading the revolution in leveraging point-of-care data by making connections between millions of physician-patient interactions and analyzing them to deliver actionable insights that elevate patient care.
About the Role:
We are looking for a skilled and adaptable Full Stack Developer to join a fast-paced development effort to re-architect and modernize a high-visibility system.As a core member of our development team, you will design, develop and modify custom software solutions that solve problems, improve business operations, and manage the complexity inherent with technology change.
- Architect, develop, and maintain the full end-to-end stack
- Build, test, and deploy cloud-based software in a continuous delivery environment
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Work with the PM to identify and alleviate customer pain points with the product workflow
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Troubleshoot production issues quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- 5+ years hands on development experience in Java, Spring MVC / Spring Core / Web Services (SOAP/REST) and configuring web containers.
- Development experience in JSP, HTML, CSS/SASS, Jquery, Backbone, Angular, React, NodeJS, Jasmine, Protractor.
- Demonstrated experience as a senior engineer responsible for implementing complex solutions
- Excellent in Java and experienced in developing APIs and micro-services
- Understanding of modern data architecture principles and patterns
- Working with Event Driven Architecture -- Kafka, Webhooks
- Test Driven Development -- JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor, Jest, etc.
- Developed or used application build, deploy using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools -- Jenkins, Maven, uDeploy, etc.
- Understanding of docker, cloud-computing / cloud services platforms (e.g. AWS or Azure) will be a plus
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc)
- Ability to trouble-shoot complex data issues across the e2e technology stack
- Either hands-on AWS experience or demonstrated desire to build cloud experience (e.g. certifications, training)
- Self-starter, curious, collaborative, innovative, eager to learn and teach others every day
- Experience with Multi cloud environment like Google Cloud Platform and AWS
- Strong understanding and experience in agile methodologies
- Familiarity with healthcare domain and its challenges
- Experience leveraging inference from ML for extracting structured information from unstructured sources, namely document layout analysis
- Familiarity with at least one type of monitoring or logging query language, such as ESQL and ANSI SQL for athena
- Familiarity with cloud deployment technologies, such as Kubernetes or Docker on platforms such as GCP or AWS
$125,000 - $155,000 a year
Salary range is listed above. There are several factors that determine final pay for a position including location and experience. Total compensation will typically include salary + performance bonus + equity.
Augmedix is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation including being transgender and/or any other protected bases.