Principal Software Engineer (Media Streaming)
Engineering – Engineering ( US )
Augmedix is a health care services technology platform deployed across the US with many of the nation’s largest health systems. Our mission is to rehumanize the clinician-patient interaction by allowing our clinicians to fully focus on patients. We provide remote, technology-enabled, real-time EHR scribing and productivity services to outpatient clinicians. Our service saves users more than 10 hours a week and increases clinical efficiency by 40%.
About the Role:
Using Google Glass and smartphones utilizing remote human-driven documentation service, the core of the Augmedix technology platform is end-to-end secured audio-video streaming. We are looking for engineers experienced in developing, designing and researching in the area of secured/encrypted audio-video streaming. The ideal candidate is an experienced and highly proficient software engineer with a keen interest in owning, maintaining, and improving Augmedix’s proprietary media and data streaming platform. The individual will be required to have great system design knowledge along with hands-on experience working with multiple media streaming protocols, platforms and technologies.
- Extend and optimize our custom media and data streaming stack
- Analyze, improve and maintain current Augmedix media and data streaming engine and platform
- Hands-on coding and software development for on-going streaming projects
- Research new/alternate streaming technologies in order to improve performance, scalability, quality and overall robustness of the system
- Work on media technology performance analysis with metrics collection and data analytics
- Provide detailed and constructive design for improving the platform and technology
- Perform code and design reviews of other engineers in the team
- Document code/design, system, architecture and research findings to enhance knowledge base
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Very strong concepts on distributed system design and architecture
- Very strong concepts of basic data structures and algorithms
- 2+ years hands-on coding experience with WebRTC
- 2+ years experience working on various media streaming protocols and technologies RTMP, RTSP, MPEG-DASH, Wowza, etc.
- Strong understanding of networking stack i.e. network layer, transport layer, application layer
- Clear understanding of security concepts, specially TLS, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, different types of firewall rules
- Comfortable with Linux environment, Bash scripting, working via SSH
- Proficiency with C and Go
Nice to Haves:
- Programming languages C++, Java, Python
- Familiarity with AWS and various AWS services like EC2, Auto-scaling, RDS, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker and virtual machines
- Familiarity with version control system, build management tools, etc.
- Familiarity with data storage in PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch
- Understanding of different media codecs and formats, especially: G.711, Opus, AAC, VP8
- Familiarity with network analysis tools like tcpdump, Wireshark
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working hours
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Animal friendly work environment
- Opportunity for extreme growth and promotion within Augmedix
- Opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds in healthcare technology