Documentation Specialist (Full Time)
Global Operations – Scribe Operations ( US )
We are seeking full-time documentation specialists with a strong interest in medicine. Our Documentation Specialists work 1:1 with a variety of medical professionals and document the patient visit in an EHR. As part of our team, you will have the ability to gain experience in different medical specialties while collaborating with a team of young, talented professionals working to revolutionize healthcare.
Documentation Specialists create medical notes for providers remotely into the EHR from the US Augmedix Scribe Center. Scribes are responsible for documenting the history of present illness, past medical and family history, review of systems, physical exam, diagnostic studies, and plan for the providers. Augmedix Documentation Specialists are also responsible for preparing charts and cards for the provider at the beginning of each day. Documentation Specialists will be required to learn the preferences for a variety of different providers and must pass assessments and quality checks on a regular basis in order to remain assigned to a provide.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Assist physicians in documenting the patient's medical record (EMR)
- Navigate the EMR during assistance of patient care
- Assist physicians in a variety of specialties including primary care, orthopedics, rheumatology, etc.
- Prior clinical experience required such as volunteering, shadowing, clinical research, scribing, paramedic training, or being a medical assistant
- Excellent spelling and typing skills
- Quick to pick up new technology
- Knowledge of medical terminology highly preferred
- Self-sufficient and quick to learn
- Successful completion of Augmedix Scribe Curriculum Program within the first 30 days of employment
- Flexibility to work different shifts during the week including some shifts which may start at 5am PST
- Familiarity with navigating the electronic medical record (EMR) highly preferred
- Health, Dental, Vision and Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen
- 401k plan
- Weekly catered lunch
- Dog friendly work environment
- Opportunity for growth and promotion within Augmedix
- Events, socials, networking opportunities
- Opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds in healthcare technology