Office & Operations Manager
New York City /
Administrative & People Operations /
Augustus builds AI products and provides specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability. Sounds interesting? Do you thrive in fast-paced startup environments? Do you value ingenuity and teamwork? Do you like to simplify complex problems by developing high-quality innovative solutions? We may have just the role for you.
We are looking for an Office & Operations Manager to organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure our small but growing global organization operates efficiently and cost-effectively. This individual will report to the Chief of People & Administrative Operations, and work closely with cross-functional teams such as Finance, HR, IT, and Marketing on developing administrative procedures, inventory control, vendor management, and other all day-to-day tasks to assure the office runs smoothly. The ideal candidate will be obsessed with organizing and driving efficiency; is comfortable contributing to multiple projects, wearing several different hats, and able to enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a multicultural office with minimal supervision.
Key Responsibilities in Office Management, or in Remote management of Office (30%)
- Overseeing general operations and management of office budget.
- Provide general support to visitors (customers, shareholders, guests, etc.)
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering new stationery, appliances, and others as required.
- Coordinating with the IT department on all office and staff equipment, and security protocols.
- Operating as the lead point of contact to any vendors and service providers and managing 1WTC software packages.
- Ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date with buildings requirements.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events and office activities.
- Augustus Intelligence does not plan on returning to full-time office work until 2021, and expect to revisit what our office footprint may be early next year. In the current situation, this role does require someone who can go to the office, located in downtown NYC, at least once a week, as needed to check mail, or let in and monitor service providers.
Key Responsibilities in Management Support (10%)
- Perform administrative work in support of the Chief People and Administrative Officer. This role will involve access to the most confidential materials, as well as coordination with both the Management team and Board of Directors, so candidates will need the ability to develop and maintain trust quickly.
- Prepare documents in advance of Board and Management meetings and coordinate invites and video conference details.
Key Responsibilities in General & People Operations (60%)
- Assist HR and hiring managers with the recruitment process, including submitting job postings online, scheduling candidate interviews, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies, procedures and documentation.
- Help promote company culture that encourages high performance and aligns with peoples’ values.
- Identifying and raising potential problems and working to find solutions in order to maximize efficiency. This role will work cross functionally across several departments and will be able to make a real impact on collaborative processes in a growing and complex technology environment.
- Producing reports, research tasks, company correspondence and documentation.
- Managing complex special projects around compliance, M&A, audits, and operational activities that bridge gaps between finance, marketing, risk management, People Ops, technology, sales and product in a startup environment.
Qualifications (Need to have)
- A bachelor degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in office administration, human resources practices, operations practices, or compliance and legal administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- You are a master of follow-through and have an extreme ownership mentality.
Qualifications (Nice to have)
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures, legal documentation or other skills and knowledge that would make you succeed in a true generalist position.
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures, or technical skills that would allow you to manage projects in these areas.
- Experience working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment where people share work responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Ability to welcome feedback and bring positive energy to the team.
- Self-motivated, able to identify and prioritize needs, and work well independently.
- Desire to develop your generalist skill set, and curiosity to learn more about HR and people operations, business administration, compliance practice and policy, and developing an incredible team experience through office management practice.
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Competitive compensation package
- Remote and dispersed work environment with plenty of engagement activities to keep the team connected
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage (fully paid for employees and mostly subsidized for families) and 401k benefits
- Work-life balance, including paid parental leave
- Paid leave for volunteer work, and company-supported access to volunteer opportunities
- Learning & Development Budget
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.