Software Engineer - Full Stack
New York City /
Augustus is accelerating human progress by creating secure AI tools that remove the frustration of everyday decisions for people and for businesses everywhere. We build AI products and specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability.
As a Software Development Engineer – Full Stack, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative products. You will work closely with the hardware, ops, user-space, and QA teams. The team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform.
The Software Development Engineer will provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation and support of custom embedded Java Libraries across multiple platforms. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for: the architecture and design of software solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities. Other duties include:
· Maintain and improve existing software
· Prepare technical requirements and software design specifications
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing applications
- Strong passion for learning and overcoming technical challenges
- Master’s degree
- Design and architecture knowledge, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
- Engineering process experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Linux and Android experience
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.