Machine Learning Research Scientist
Augustus is accelerating human progress by creating secure AI tools that remove the frustration of everyday decisions for people and for businesses everywhere. We build AI products and specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability.
Are you passionate about machine learning? Does the prospect of solving high impact business problems excite you? Do you want to be part of team building a new machine learning platform that processes billions of records a day in a scalable fashion using new technologies?
Augustus’s Machine Learning team is seeking a passionate, talented, and inventive Applied Scientist with a strong machine learning background to help build industry-leading machine learning tools. You will be working with trillions of data points to solve real-world problems. You will design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of solving complex and ambiguous problems.
Our ideal candidate relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and — above all — is passionate about data and machine learning.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ years of Post-doc or hands-on experience in artificial intelligence, predictive modeling, machine learning, or large data analysis
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python/Perl, R/Matlab, Java, C/C++, Scala· Communication and data presentation skills
- Very fast learner
- A PhD in Computer Science, machine learning, Statistics, Operational research
- 3+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Strong problem solving ability
- Good skills with SQL
- Good skills with Spark/Python/Perl (or similar)
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.