Software Engineer - Backend Services
New York City /
Augustus is accelerating human progress by creating secure AI tools that remove the frustration of everyday decisions for people and for businesses everywhere. We build AI products and specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability.
Sound interesting? Do you value ingenuity and teamwork? Do you like to simplify complex problems by developing high-quality innovative solutions? We are looking for a strong technical contributor for the development and optimization of our service.
This position presents a unique and rare opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and shape the technology, the products, and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, the ability to define breakthrough innovations, and the desire to have an industry wide impact.
To be successful in this role, you must have the aptitude to work within a fast moving, startup environment to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of software development experience in a related industry
- Strong experience with ML and AI libraries, as well as any major AI platform
- Expertise in C/C++, Java, or Python; compilers and optimization techniques; high performance, distributed systems including GPUs and other hardware accelerators
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, software development, test and operation
- 5+ years of software development experience in a related industry
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Very strong mathematical background
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.