New York City /
Augustus is accelerating human progress by creating secure AI tools that remove the frustration of everyday decisions for people and for businesses everywhere. We build AI products and specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability.
Our toolboxes and cloud services leverage advances in multiple areas of Machine Learning, which will be revealed upon advancement to interview.
Sound interesting? Do you thrive in fast-paced startup environments? Do you value ingenuity and teamwork? Do you like to simplify complex problems by developing high-quality innovative solutions? We may have just the role for you.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will execute on intuitive designs that build on UX flows as well as advance product and business strategies.
The ideal candidate:
- A great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Able to collaborate closely with developers, Product Managers, and UX designers.
- Can create, improve, and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles (i.e. color theory, visual weight, etc.)
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Experience in working with design systems
- Experience in concept, wire framing and prototyping
- An eye for details
- Good communication and teamwork
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.