New York City /
Augustus is accelerating human progress by creating secure AI tools that remove the frustration of everyday decisions for people and for businesses everywhere. We build AI products and specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability.
Our toolboxes and cloud services leverage advances in multiple areas of Machine Learning, which will be revealed upon advancement to interview.
We are seeking a skilled data analyst with strong analytical and programming skills. Prior work in scientific data analysis, business data analysis and forecasting, and an interest and passion in new deep learning and program learning are a must.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large imaging data volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts and — above all — is passionate about data and machine learning.
- Evaluate and determine the effectiveness of machine learning models from the AI Research Team
- Develop standard operating procedures to control for batch effects, noise, normalization, and over-fitting
- Process and normalize data from client and public datasets and apply state of the art methods to the data to achieve business goals
- Report the performance of AI models on different datasets and make recommendations regarding the most appropriate approach
- Work with the AI, management, and product teams to determine AI and data compatibility and develop quality control metrics to ensure model result accuracy
- BS/MS in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications for business or scientific use cases
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, Perl, R, Matlab, Java, C/C++, Scala, Hadoop
- Strong communication, writing, analysis, and presentation skills
- Hands-on experience in data analysis, machine learning, statistical learning, model development, or big data
- Fast learner, self-starter, and collaborative
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.