Software Engineer - DevOps
New York City /
Augustus is accelerating human progress by creating secure AI tools that remove the frustration of everyday decisions for people and for businesses everywhere. We build AI products and specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability.
Our toolboxes and cloud services leverage advances in multiple areas of Machine Learning, which will be revealed upon advancement to interview.
Sound interesting? Do you thrive in fast-paced startup environments? Do you value ingenuity and teamwork? Do you like to simplify complex problems by developing high-quality innovative solutions? Augustus is seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of AI-services.
As a Dev Ops Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap, and development of core infrastructure at Augustus.
This role involves design, architecture, implementation, and operation of the large-scale cloud systems for our enterprise customers. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of these services and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
If this sounds interesting to you, come join us!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years SRE, DevOps or equivalent experience engineering and automating a modern cloud environment at scale, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Proficiency with a variety of programming, scripting, and configuration languages
- Has a strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing
- Has experience working with large scale cloud systems and an understanding of how to architect and build them
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.