Director of Engineering - IT
New York City /
Augustus is accelerating human progress by creating secure AI tools that remove the frustration of everyday decisions for people and for businesses everywhere. We build AI products and specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability.
Sound interesting? We may have a position for you.
We're looking for an Director of Engineering - IT to lead a team of highly skilled engineers and provide critical support for Augustus' IT infrastructure. This team is the escalation point for all IT related issues at Augustus Fulfillment Centers and Augustus Logistics sites.
As Director of Engineering - IT, you will lead a team of 10-15 engineers and be responsible for end-to-end problem management for our IT infrastructure. This work will include coordinating with other engineering teams, support organizations, and vendors to drive solutions.
At Augustus, we expect our technical managers to be strong engineers who can dive deep and get involved as well as strong managers who know how to lead effectively. This is a hands-on, roll your sleeves up role.
- Operational Excellence: You will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating processes, procedures, and automation to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects. Your work will be centered on our internal customers and ensuring that their needs and issues are being addressed.
- Network Measurement: You drive the metrics we report and assist us in focusing on the areas that give us the best ROI. This includes measuring our resolution rates, project plans, and response times.
- Performance Management/Team Health: You will own all facets of performance and career management for the team. Regular one-on-one meetings with all team members are required. You will be expected to provide both technical and ‘soft skill’ mentoring in order to maintain a well-rounded, world-class organization. This includes project management, quality audits, and coordination of training sessions with senior-level engineers as well as day-to-day oversight of the team, including scheduling.
- Incident/Change Management: You will be integral to developing and improving incident and change management within the Networking space. Responsibilities include driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools and processes and providing feedback on new practices and procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the Augustus platform and customer base.
- Recruiting and Hiring: You will take the lead in hiring quality personnel who fit the needs of the current organization and establishing processes that will allow the team to scale with platform and service growth. You will coordinate with Augustus and external recruiting staff to evaluate potential candidates, participate in initial phone screens, and provide relevant guidance and feedback during on-site interview loops. You will also be responsible for ensuring that proper training takes place for all new hires.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Experience supporting enterprise level network infrastructure.
- 2+ years managing networking support teams or engineering teams.
- 5+ years managing technical teams.
- Experience as an Escalation Engineer or with problem management.
- Previous experience as a Network Engineer.
- Tech support experience.
- Demonstrated ability to automate basic tasks in Perl, Python, Ruby, or Java.
- CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA/JNCIS certifications a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including: Engineering, Program Management, Operations, and Senior Leadership.
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.