Machine Learning Research Scientist
At Augustus we seek to provide intelligent, decision-making systems where others cannot. This calls for accelerating existing and state-of-art AI & ML towards production systems, while innovating in novel, creative ways. For the team at Augustus to be successful, we develop fundamental advances in AI, and repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products towards solving real-world problems with massive impact. At Augustus we’ve built a values-based culture for each individual member to accomplish their life’s best work.
Augustus’s AI Team is seeking passionate, talented, and inventive Research Scientists with a strong machine learning background to help advance the field and build industry-leading AI/ML. You will design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways of solving complex and ambiguous problems. You will be working with real-world and simulated datasets, across computer vision, natural language processing, and more. Most importantly, you will grow and prosper within a team of experts with backgrounds in theoretical physics, neuroscience, robotics, and more.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- 2+ years of Post-doc or hands-on experience in artificial intelligence, predictive modeling, machine learning, or large data analysis
- Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications
- Proficiency in Python and/or C++at least one of the following languages
- Communication and data presentation skills
- Very fast learner
- Strong, data-driven problem solving ability
- A PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operational Research
- 3+ years of industry experience in AI/ML, or predictive modeling and analysis
- Expertise with Python and C++, particularly PyTorch and other ML libraries
- Publications in top AI/ML venues (e.g. NeurIPS and ICML)
- Open-source projects
Everyone on the Augustus team strives for these core qualities:
- Integrity, altruism, ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness, working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others, and a sense of humor :)
- Fast worker and learner
- Intellectual breadth, and desire to grow
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people of various backgrounds
- Passionate about artificial intelligence, and pushing the boundaries on what humans can achieve with intelligent technologies
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.