New York City /
Augustus is accelerating human progress by creating secure AI tools that remove the frustration of everyday decisions for people and for businesses everywhere. We build AI products and specialized infrastructure services for advanced AI use cases — delivering simple, impactful solutions that preserve privacy, security, and scalability.
We're seeking a highly motivated, best-in-class Networking Engineer for our Network Infrastructure team, which runs critical Augustus Web Services IP networks. This team will drive the stability and sustainability of these next-generation networks and identify innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The Networking Engineer will be responsible for high-quality network and systems operations and will also be responsible for establishing best practices when it comes to application, optimization, and internal/external customer interactions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate sound knowledge of networking concepts and theory and have previous experience with network support for a large-scale enterprise or service provider. They will also have a proven track record of driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and collaboratively, a love for working with new technologies, and a willingness to push the envelope on existing technologies.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Augustus’s world-class technical teams and work alongside some the most accomplished and adept engineers while furthering your career.
- Maintain Augustus Web Services’ next generation networks by providing critical network operations support to diagnose, mitigate impact, and resolve networking issues.
- Troubleshoot network routing, interconnectivity, platform, performance, and configuration issues; including necessary low-level application interaction, Unix systems, and new age networking software tools.
- Work closely with our Network/Systems/Software Engineering teams to assist with operations and help sustain networking software tools.
- Collaborate with higher tier escalation engineers/resolvers.
- Create and review documentation regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, and knowledge transfer.
- 5+ years of experience in a network focused hands-on technical role working with IP routing protocols/technologies and platforms in large-scale data center and/or WAN network environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in TCP/IP networking, IP routing, Server Load Balancing, and Network Security architecture and core technologies such as IP, TCP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, Server Load Balancers, Firewalls, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, LDAP, NFS.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with scripting and/or automation with a desire to advance; scripting experience in one of the following: Python, Perl, or Shell (bash, ksh, csh).
- A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or at least 3 years of relevant experience in a large-scale network environment.
- Experience with one or more of the following router, server load balancer, and/or firewall vendor platforms: Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, Arista, Brocade, Extreme, Citrix, F5, Fortinet, Palo Alto
Augustus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Our employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need, without regard to race, color, religion, family or parental status, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, and age. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.