Program Manager - Engineering and Product
Austin, TX /
Program Management /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
Aunt Bertha’s PMO team plays a pivotal role in driving and reporting out on the company’s larger initiatives. This role will work specifically with our product and engineering teams as we scale, identifying gaps and implementing efficient processes. The ideal person for this role can think strategically, is comfortable with ambiguity, and has experience working cross functionally in previous roles. Along with a passion for social care, the ideal candidate has experience in project or process management and has led large scale projects.
- Own or drive project life cycle, leading discussions with stakeholders or reporting out on project activities
- Report out monthly on company initiatives to appropriate stakeholders, escalating projects that may be off-scope or blocked
- Ensure projects are prioritized and aligned to short and long term goals of the business
- Make sure the right people have access to the right information to make the right decisions
- Standardize best practices for engineering and product teams, making sure that processes are widely communicated and utilized
- Has experience with technology. You’re a quick learner and can learn new systems quickly and thoroughly
- Has knowledge of Agile principles and how to implement them
- Has 2-5 years of experience in project management or operations
- Has advanced communication skills (presentation, written, and verbal).
- You're comfortable working across teams and presenting to c-suite and executives
- Can proactively drive projects without a lot of direction -- you’re a self starter
- Can manage a broad scope of work efficiently -- you’ll have numerous projects running at once and know how to manage them allIs extremely detail oriented.
- This role requires strong analytical, communication, and project management skills
- Can handle quick change. As a fast-growing company, change is a constant, and you're comfortable with thatI
- Is in it for the mission
- Familiar with Atlassian products (Jira and Confluence)
- Has experience using HubSpot or similar CRMs
- Project Management certifications (SixSigma, PMP, etc.)
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.