Senior Financial Analyst
Denver, CO /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
If you hope to one day lead a finance department of a growing company, this role may be perfect for you as it combines getting done what must be done (budgeting, financial statements, metrics, etc.) while looking to the future at what could be (financial models, changing business processes to influence key metrics, etc.). As we grow the roles and responsibilities of this position will absolutely grow.
We are a software as a service company that works with major players in healthcare, education, governments and nonprofits - these are our customers. As a rapidly growing company our financial tasks, responsibilities, projects and research are growing and evolving at an exciting pace.
We are in search of a process oriented, yet entrepreneurial-minded Senior Financial Analyst to manage and coordinate many major aspects of the finance department. This hire will work directly with the VP of Finance, our accountants and controller to take on various projects, from budgeting, to analyzing various financial metrics, to taking on major new financial initiatives.
This is a dynamic and ever evolving role, so while it will have traditional elements while being chalked full of blue sky projects, so a desire to learn, grow and be entrepreneurial are a must. Our company is growing rapidly, and this Senior Financial Analyst is critical to our success as a growing company.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel is required.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire diverse employees by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status, and socioeconomic upbringing.
- Review and analyze financial statements and reports.
- Track various company KPIs and prepare financial reports, find discrepancies or interesting trends that require senior management’s attention.
- Work with each department head on budgeting and budget vs actuals, as well as helping them on various financial questions they have with new projects.
- Ensure timely monthly close processes with the accounting team and provide end of month reports for the senior management team.
- Understand (and seek out) key business drivers across the company, and work with senior managers to improve those.
- Update our evolve our financial projections, including building financial models for net new lines of business and new initiatives.
- Perform research and analysis as required.
- Stay on the frontier of SaaS metrics and trends, looking for opportunities to help us improve as a company
Qualifications -Traits and Experiences That Would Help You Thrive:
- You’re In It for the Mission. You have a belief that no task is too small in service of our mission. While you will do big things, you will also do small things. But you want your life to tell the story that the big and small things you did added up to something meaningful for the world. If this is you, then you have come to the right place.
- The Right Experience: You have a solid accounting and finance background (5+ years).
- Entrepreneurial: While you will create process, you are someone who continually revisits and improves things - you are someone excited when given a blue sky project to go solve. This are constantly changing, and that keeps you excited. This assures you are always “punching above your weight class”, meaning your abilities are far greater than experience.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented. This position requires strong analytical, communication, planning and project management skills.
- Works with minimal direction to achieve goals. You’re a proactive self-starter. You take charge to figure things out when there is ambiguity.
- Obsessed with Details: You read this and get frustrated --> $1.31 + $2.04 = $3.32. When numbers don’t add up, you lose sleep over it.
- Process Builder: You love building process to make sure steps are not missed, things move faster, and things stay organized
- You love Excel: Some would say too much
- Seeking someone in Denver, CO
- The estimated salary range for this position is $90,000 - $115,000 per year.
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.