Cloud Database Administrator
Austin, TX /
Our Mission: To connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
Aunt Bertha picks up where Uncle Sam leaves off by making it easy to find and apply for government and charitable social service programs. By organizing the world's human service program information, we make it easy for people in need and the people who help them to find help in seconds on https://findhelp.org.
We are looking for people who are driven to make the world a drastically better place and want to join our small group of thoughtful, committed citizens because they believe, as Margaret Mead said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
Our employees are aligned around this mission. That's why it is a requirement of our application process that you include a cover letter detailing how Aunt Bertha’s mission speaks to you.
Please note: If our mission doesn't strike a chord with you that is OK. But please consider not applying. We are seeking people who come on fire after learning about what we do.
We are tasked with maintaining and evolving our data storage, data warehousing, and ETL workflows for our application, customers, and internal reporting.
We are a remote team, and this is a remote role, though preference may be given to Austin-based candidates.
- Taking ownership of complex databases (SQL, NoSQL, Columnar, In-memory types of dbs)
- Mapping out and documenting data relationships
- Creating and managing backup, restore, user access policies
- Doing version upgrades of databases (for example upgrading MySQL db from v5.7 to v8.0)
- Leading database change management processes and supporting CI/CD processes from a database perspective
- Working with data engineers to manage data flows between multiple storage sources
- Advising developers on data storage aspects of building robust, scalable applications
- Performance tuning of databases and SQL queries
- Occasional on-call duties
- 5+ years of MySQL database administration experience
- Have done database administration in a GCP environment
- Strong understanding of MySQL database security management
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Proficiency in SQL query tuning
- Excellent documentation skills
- Record of emphasizing cross-functional teamwork
- Experience in Data Modeling, ETL/ELT workflow management
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, Shell/Python scripting is a big plus
- Nice to have: DataStore, BigQuery, Cloud Composer/Airflow, remote work experience
Aunt Bertha is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are building a company whose employees understand our users, through their own lived experiences. This means we strive to hire employees that are diverse by race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, veteran status and socio-economic upbringing.